The reason why the room was pink was because on black and white film, hues of red become dark shades of black. Pink is the perfect balance to give it that dark creepy grey.
A related fun fact: while old black and white film was under-sensitive to reds, it was correspondingly over-sensitive to greens. Actors whose characters were meant to have unnaturally pale complexions - like Morticia Addams - would often take advantage of this by wearing makeup with a green base tint in order to make their faces “pop”. This is where the modern trope of cartoon vampires having green skin comes from.
These are some fun fucking facts
Thanks to all of you wonderful writers, A Prompt A Day has reached 1000 followers! To celebrate, it’s time for a giveaway!
Winner will receive:
- A copy of Wreck This Journal, in the color of their choice.
- A book of fairy tales or mythology from a culture of their choice
- A copy of The Weird: A Compendium of Strange and Dark Stories, which is well over 1000 pages. (If you would rather have a book of poetry, or another type of anthology collection, that can be arranged).
- A copy of The Sandman: Preludes and Nocturnes. This is one of my all-time favorite pieces of writing, and the bonus prize for reaching 1000 followers by September 1st. If you already have the book, or if you want another comic or book, that can be arranged.
- You MUST be following apromptadaykeepsthecriticsaway
- Only reblogs count, but you can reblog as many times as you’d like.
- No giveaway blogs
- Giveaway ends on October 1st
- You must be comfortable giving me a mailing address so I can send you your prizes.
- You must have either your ask or submit open so that I can let you know if you’ve won.
- If the winner doesn’t respond within 24 hours, I’ll pick a new winner
- I’ll try to ship internationally, but if it costs an outrageous amount I’ll send you a gift card with the proper amount of money, and links to the prizes you wanted.
- If one of the items goes out of stock, a similar item will be substituted (after consultation with the winner)
- The giveaway will only take place if this post gets 300 notes or more.
I think that’s everything! Thank you all, and good luck!
Moving out of the apartment
This is, without a doubt, the saddest photo I have ever seen in my ENTIRE LIFE.
Mod Yves Saint Laurent, 1969.
What in fucks name is this flying water
And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren’t for you meddling kids and your talking dog
These gifs prove that bats are actually really cute
You can see the rest of them here
I think we could all do with seeing some adorable fuzzy bats right now.
I promise to never NOT reblog fuzzy baby batties! <3
Victorian era house in Angeleno Heights, Los Angeles
Man. I feel so sick. I just want to go out and buy art supplies and food and cat food, but I can’t walk.
I’m too sore to cook or cross stitch, I don’t have/can’t find basic necessities for calligraphy practise. I guess I’m stuck with sad girl blogging.
I cried during yoga today. Everything hurt, and it was excruciating every time I moved. My body is too big and it gets in the way. I hate it so much. That also contributed to me crying. I’m so embarrassed. And I left with a limp. I hate everything.